PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
ABC News - Marketing & Creative | New York, NY
Producer | April 2022 – Current
• Write, produce, and edit The View’s on-air creative promotions, including ABC network promos, in-show content, and social media videos, ranging from ten-second TV spots to two-minute trailers.
• Produce special View marketing campaigns that are alternatively politically-themed and entertainment-focused.
• Produce/edit trailers and promos for ABC News specials and programs on Hulu, including the Academy Awards Red Carpet pre-show, Soul of a Nation, and Power Trip.
• Direct voiceover talent and collaborate with editors, graphic artists, and on-air talent, all on tight daily deadlines.
Associate Producer | April 2017 – April 2022
• Wrote, produced, and edited daily promos for The View, often promoting show guests; everyone from Joe Biden to Chance
The Rapper. Promos can also feature topical show moments.
• Additional producing credits include promos for ABC News’ Chadwick Boseman: A Tribute for a King special and several promos for Good Morning America’s Summer Concert Series.
Production Associate | October 2015 – April 2017
• Assisted with the production of on-air promos for ABC News shows, including Good Morning America, The View, 20/20, and World News Tonight, in addition to ABC’s 2016 Election Night and presidential debate coverage.
2019 Daytime Emmy Nominee for Outstanding Daytime Promotional Announcement – Topical, “The View - Joy’s 20 Year Anniversary” – as Associate Producer
2018 Silver PromaxBDA Award Winner & 2019 Bronze PromaxBDA Award Winner for Daytime Program Campaign, “View Strong” – as Associate Producer
Para Noir Pictures, LLC | Brooklyn, NY
Co-Founder / Filmmaker | March 2016 – Current
Director, writer, producer, and editor of indie films, including On the Floor (awarded Best Short by FlickFIair), Early Show (selected by Experimental Forum), and Awake in the Dark (selected at the Chicago Amarcord Arthouse Festival).
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) | Atlanta, GA
On-Air Promotions Intern | May 2014 – August 2014
Wrote copy introducing movies and shows in on-air promo teases.
Wrote and produced on-air promos advertising TCM’s Greatest Classic Films DVD collections.
Virginia Tech Blacksburg, VA B.S. - Marketing
Cum Laude, Class of 2015 B.A. - Cinema Production
Merit Scholarship Recipient, Pamplin College of Business
Video production for TV, film, digital platforms
Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Avid, Final Cut Pro
Copywriting, scriptwriting, AP style editing
Directing on-screen talent and DSLR camera shooting
Creative marketing, advertising and communications strategy
Social media and online video strategy
Research and analytical skills
After Effects, Photoshop, FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
The Lyric Theatre | Blacksburg, VA
Freelance Videographer / Editor | May 2015
Created a “turn off your cell phones” film, shown before screenings at The Lyric, an independent movie theater.
Textile Rental Services Association of America (TRSA) | Alexandria, VA
Freelance Video Editor | June 2015, Jan. / June / Aug. 2013
Developed and edited promotional videos to advertise organizational events and conferences.
Library of Congress | Washington, D.C.
Junior Fellow | May 2013 – August 2013
• Wrote and produced an informative video project, posted on the Library website and YouTube, showing the public how to utilize the Library’s resources effectively.
• Presented and discussed the video at a public Library event.
Guggenheim Productions, Inc. | Washington, D.C.
Summer Intern | May 2012 – August 2012
Prepared documentary films for distribution from Oscar- winning production company.
Obtained copyright licensing, proofread closed-captioning, edited text for DVD packaging, and embedded video on company website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Photography, hiking, biking, drumming, concert-going, writing about music and movies, Relay for Life volunteer.